Come along on a ride with me!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Going on a Scavenger Hunt!

The motorcycle forum I belong to http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/ has a scavenger hunt thread going each year. A rider posts a target to have your bike in the picture with. Recently its been a sign with the word highest point or something to that effect. Well this morning I was going to head out and get this target. Its been posted for a couple weeks with no one claiming the prize. Prize he says. The prize is you get to select the next target.

So I log on and check the target because there was talk that he was going to change up the target. Glad I did! He changed the target to an old style diner. For me this is good. This is an easy one. There is a place near where my brother used to live. Minerva Classic 57 Diner. http://minervaclassic57.net/ There is also the Steel Trolley Diner http://www.steeltrolleydiner.com/ is Lisbon Ohio. Its a great place to have a huge hamburger. But I'll go there for breakfast.

I get all geared up and head out the door by 8am. Its turning into a great day. The temperature is cool in the mid 60's and overcast. My favorite riding conditions!

I head out 250 to 30 east for the hour plus ride to Minerva to get my first target picture. I stopped at the Classic 57. It used to be a lot better years ago. It had more of a 50's theme to it on the outside.

Photobucket

That picture taken now on to Lisbon for my next picture. You don't need two pictures, but I know this Diner has the better old time look that is being sought in the Scavenger Hunt.

Photobucket

I just continued east on 30 out of Minerva and found myself seated in the diner for a nice breakfast of coffee, french toast, and bacon! Does it get any better?

Now where to go? I don't know how about we head east and pick up 7 and follow the Ohio River for a while? Haven't done that in a while. I get on 154 east like I was heading to Beavercreek State Park. This road will drop you off on 7 and right outside the park.

Heading south now on 7 around East Liverpool you can see the Ohio River on your left you travel south. I love these old towns like this. Its almost like going back in time. Also the way they carved the road out of the side of the hills makes for nice scenery and pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rode past a couple huge power plants. This one by First Energy is so big you have to drive under it.

Photobucket

I stayed on 7 enjoying the views and the Ohio River until I made my way down to Martins Ferry. Here I headed west to start going home. I got on 250 west knowing I was about to hit some awesome twisties! But as usual you find that one person that doesn't have a clue how to drive. So after following this lovely gentleman for a while I found a nice spot to pull off for a bit to allow him to go ahead.

Its not like I am some kind of speed demon that needs to fly, but it is nice on a bike when you actually have to lean a bit in the corners. That's half the fun.

Finding my way in to Cadiz I had to snap a picture of their court house.

Photobucket

Before long I was at Tappan Lake. I decided to take the scenic road beside the lake. Glad I did. It was beautiful. Here are a few pictures of the ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This road takes you back out to 800. This I followed into Dennison and got back on 250 for the rest of the ride home. I did have to make one more side trip. Right before I come into Wooster is an Ice Cream stand. They have some great soft serve. I got me a cone before the last 35 minutes of the ride.

I only put 287 miles on the bike today but it was great to get out. We haven't had a lot of good riding this spring. Been extremely wet! Hopefully Mother Nature will keep us dry for Memorial Day. Have a group ride scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment