Come along on a ride with me!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Marblehead

Haven't been to Marblehead in a few years so I thought it was time to head back for a short visit. There isn't much to talk about in the trip up there. Its right off route 2 near Cedar Point

We did get to see a few sights along the way. Stopping by a friends house before we made our way up to Marblehead I got to pace a train for a bit.

Photobucket

Just before I pulled into my friends drive I just missed getting a shot of an airplane pulling a glider into the sky. But several minutes later I did manage to get a shot of the glider.

Photobucket

Along the way to Marblehead I passed a mile stone that I had hoped to hit 4 days earlier. I have had the bike 4 years and 4 days now but I finally hit the 40,000 mile mark.

Photobucket

Coming into Marblehead we get to cross part of Lake Erie.

Photobucket

My Daughter and I took along a little picnic lunch to have while we were there. For a holiday weekend the place was pretty empty. What surprised me the most is they didn't have the lighthouse or the home open to visitors. I was kind of disappointed over that.

The light house at Marblehead.

Photobucket

The madatory history lesson!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lake Erie at its finest.

Photobucket

On the way home we passed a VFW post with the biggest flag I think I have ever seen!

Photobucket

By our normal standards today was just a run in the park. We only went about 170 miles but we had a great day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment